Creating a business process outsourcing firm specifically established as a workplace to restore the lives of slavery survivors.
Human trafficking of modern-day slaves is a global crime of frightening proportions. Slavery NGO Walk Free estimates there are currently 45.8 million people trapped in slavery, a business perpetuated by worldwide demand for cheap labour, and fuelled by greed and corruption. Those who survive are severely traumatized and often lack the practical, social or psychological support to re-enter society. Sustainable employment would not only provide financial security, but would also restore dignity, self-belief and independence amongst survivors, as well as help to counter the stigma associated with victims of trafficking by the community. Without safe employment, 80% of survivors will get re-trafficked. So how to provide those jobs and disrupt this vicious cycle?
DataMotivate is a business process outsourcing firm specifically established as a workplace to restore the lives of slavery survivors. It works in partnership with international NGOs - including International Justice Mission and World Vision, who help identify suitable survivors. These survivors are then trained and given employment opportunities through outsourced services supporting companies in the UK, Europe and USA. Data Motivates wants to:
- Provide professional skills and find jobs for thousands of trafficking survivors, ensuring they become economically and socially capable, independent and no longer vulnerable to re-trafficking.
- Establish a global, scalable program that can operate directly in locations where trafficking is rife.
- Disrupt the common narrative in slavery that people can be exploited because they are not capable of doing anything else.
What help is needed
- Key introductions – Connect us with the relevant people responsible for your business’s shared services and back offices. Whether is someone in your HR team or – even better - your CTO or your chief procurement officer, we’ll talk to them about how we can do a great job for your company
- Indentify key roles – Could you use a dedicated, low-cost workforce in specific roles such as HR admin, accounts payable or invoice processing? Let us know.
- Sponsorship – Consider funding the vocational training of these employees – usually women - which typically takes three to four months.
Can you support this action
At Trust Women delegates take action and forge tangible commitments to empower women and to fight modern-day slavery worldwide. You can get involved. Tell us how you would like to contribute to an Action clicking the button below. Every idea and contribution counts. Don't be shy!