See last year's Agenda
Day 1: Fighting Modern Slavery
- Learning from survivors of modern slaveryA first-hand account of the unique challenges faced by survivors of human trafficking. This session features powerful personal stories and looks at the lessons that can be drawn from those who have been deprived of their freedom.
- The role of business in eradicating forced labourHear from corporations and investors taking bold steps towards cleaning their supply chains of forced labour. Find out which measures have proved successful - and the most challenging - in supply chain management.
- Stop Slavery Award & inaugural Hero Award CeremonyPresented, respectively, to corporations that have led the way in efforts to eradicate forced labour from their supply chains, and to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding commitment and impact in the fight against slavery.
- Evening event | Ferite a Morte: Wounded to DeathThe internationally-acclaimed theatrical performance featuring a series of monologues based on real stories of women who lost their lives at the hands of a violent partner returns to Trust Conference with a new cast.
Day 2: Defending Human Rights
- Violence against womenFrom domestic abuse to gender-biased sex selection and sexual harassment, we look at the key issue of violence against women and the challenges faced in combatting it.
- Land and property rights We explore the correlation between lack of land and property rights and poverty, with a particular focus on women, who own only 20% of the world’s land. The session looks at how land tenure can effectively be used to reduce poverty and conflict, boost economies and empower entire communities.
- The next generation of human rights defendersHear directly from charismatic young activists on the frontlines who dare to challenge the status quo, breaking taboos and building more tolerant and peaceful communities.