Day 1:Toward a More Inclusive Capitalism:
Creating a Fairer Economic System for Those Left Behind
08:00 - 09:00Registration and refreshments
09:00 - 09:15Welcome Remarks
- Antonio Zappulla, Thomson Reuters Foundation CEO
09:15 - 10:15Keynotes
10:15 - 11:30Taking responsibility: the need to reform capitalism
From growing wealth inequality, to tax evasion and climate change, this panel explores what needs to change for a global system ‘in crisis’.
- Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Founder and CEO, Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism
- Mohamed Amersi, Chairman, Inclusive Ventures Group
11:30 - 12:00Networking Break
12:00 - 13:00Taking Action: Voices from the Frontline
Activists at the forefront of the battle to defend the rights addressed throughout the day share their stories.
- Karuna Nundy, Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Ahmad Nawaz, Education and Peace Activist
13:00 - 14:15Lunch
14:15 - 15:30Exploitation, Forced Labour & the Rights of Workers
Those on a mission to improve the lives of working people discuss the ongoing issue of forced labour and exploitation in global supply chains.
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Kalpona Akter, Executive Director of the Bangladesh Center for Worker Solidarity
15:30 - 16:15In conversation with Monique Villa, author of ‘Slaves Among Us’
Antonio Zappulla interviews Monique Villa about her newly released book ‘Slaves Among Us’, telling the story of three survivors of sex and labour trafficking in their own words.
16:15 - 16:45Networking Break
16:45 - 17:45Innovation Spotlights
Organisations present innovative technological solutions to challenges ranging from forced labour and trafficking to sustainable production and climate change.
- Blake Howald, Manager of Data Science, Thomson Reuters Special Services
- Jessica Hubley, Co-Founder and CEO, AnnieCannons
17:45 - 18:00Closing Remarks
18:00 - 19:00Drinks reception